Monday, June 23, 2008

Camping in the Great Outdoors

Well, we decided to make another break for cooler weather up on the Mogollon Rim just east of Payson. We found a great little campsite away from everyone else where we got to relax and read. I had the book "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer which Nathaniel continued to steal from me. Luckily, I won it in a bet and got to read it.

As the sun was setting each night we could hear elk. One evening we heard a pack of coyotes not too far from our campsite. Other than the coyotes and elk there wasn't much around (thankfully, as I heard there are bears in that area), except for the occasional butterfly.


But we had a nice, relaxing, cooler (it was WARM during the day) time as we got to get away for awhile.

2 comments:

Elder Nathan Askins said...

You are such the little vacationers. I hope you had fun. I miss having our "Friday Night Working rituals." We'll have to work together soon!

Anonymous said...

Looks like tons of fun. It's so nice to be able to read about what you are up to! It's been forever since we've gotten together so I'm glad I can kinda catch up.